Volunteers play a welcome and vital role in the operation and development of the many varied projects taking place at the Museum. Some of the volunteer opprtunities include:
1. Animal Care - Assist with the care of our animals including prepping food/water bowls, cleaning tanks and cages
2. Birthday Party Assistant - Help our educators during our science themed birthday parties. Assist with setting up the party room, handing out materials for science experiments, handing out food and drinks, clearing dirty paper goods, and helping clean up the space afterwards.
3. Grounds Work - Help with the beautification of our grounds by helping clear overgrowth and vines, weeding, and keeping our gardens looking great.
4. If you have a particular set of skills that you believe could benefit the Science Museum of Long Island, please let us know.
Please Fill out the form below and click submit when completed
* Any applicant under the age of 18 must have a letter of permission from a parent or guardian that lists their name, address and phone number.
*An SMLI staff member will contact you once application has been reviewed.